Friday, August 20, 2010

And so begins a journey...

Alright, here it is, my first blog.  We'll see how this thing goes.  I'm known for having wonderful intentions and ideas, but my follow-through isn't so good, especially when it comes to journals.  I still have the journal I began in college; it has about 30 pages filled.  And that's over the course of 10 years.  And I haven't written in it in another 10 years.


What's on my mind right now?  Gardening, for the most part.  Last week when I got home from vacation I discovered 2 dozen lovely cucumbers, all the approximate size of small baseball bats.  I will post pictures of them as soon as I get them uploaded.  Thanks to the help of my good friends Mark & Jen, I was able to turn those cucumbers into 16 jars of pickles.  14 of those are traditional dill pickles, so I'll have to let you know how those turn out next month.  But 2 jars were a refrigerator pickle recipe we found online.  They were ready to try last night.  And they're really pretty good!  Not bad for my first attempt, and some creative ingredient substituting.


This weekend's project - salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment